Sumitomo Type-82C+ is a direct core monitoring fusion splicer for ultra fast splicing in every environment.
- Ultra fast splicing: 5 sec.
- Ultra fast heating: 9 sec.
- Automatic fiber identification (SMF, MMF, DSF, NZDSF, BIF, other).
- Automatic arc calibration.
- G.657 fiber auto-splice function.
- Supports bi-directional splicing operation.
- Dust-resistant, water-resistant and shock-proof.
- Compact & lightweight (only 1.9 kg).
- Touch-screen operation.
- Upgrades software via internet.
- Remote interactive maintenance via internet.
- Equipped with onboard user training video.
Compact, Lightweight & Faster
- 2.2kg with battery for 300 splice & heat cycles
- Faster 5s splice in SM Quick Mode
- Reduced 9s heat shrink time
Brand-new touch panel and UI
- Wide and high resolution touch panel -5" touch screen color LCD display
- Smartphone-like easy operation
- Video tutorial to help splicing job
- SumiCloud™ App. to watch tutorial video on smartphone
High Environmental Durability
- IPx2 water resistance
- IP5x dust resistance
- Splice at 50°C
- Work at 6000m
- 76cm drop on 5 faces
Dual ovens with flexible clamps
- Fast-heating 9s
- User selectable clamp operation
- The world-first fusion splicer with Wireless LAN Connectivity
- SumiCloud™ smartphone App. to support splicing job
- WLSD card brings SumiCloud™ services to your splicer via our smartphone App.
|Optical fiber requirements|
|Profile types||SMF (G.652), MMF (G.651), DSF (G.653), NZDSF (G.655), BIF (G.657), EDF|
|Fiber diameter||Cladding diameter: 80 µm ~ 150 µm, Coating diameter: 100 µm ~ 1,000 µm|
|Applicable fiber or cable size||up to φ1,000 µm||Drop cable (2.0x3.1 mm), Indoor cable (2.0x2.0 mm)|
|Cleave length||5~16 mm||10 mm|
|Splice loss (typical)||SMF: 0.01 dB, MMF: 0.01 dB, DSF: 0.034 dB, NZDSF: 0.03 dB|
|Splicing cycle time (typical)||5 sec. (Quick mode), 7 sec. (SMF standard mode), 7 sec. (Auto mode)|
|Heating cycle time (typical)||9 sec.|
|Splice & Heat cycles||Approx. 300|
|Fiber view & magnification||Two CMOS cameras observation, 380X (zoom: 760X) for X or Y single axis view, 270X for both X & Y dual axis view|
|Splicing programs||Max. 300|
|Heating programs||Max. 100|
|Splice image capture / Splice data storage||200 images / 10,000 splice data|
|Proof test||1.96N (200 gf)|
|Universal clamps for 250µm, 900µm tight & loose buffer fiber||Provided|
|Reversible coating clamps||Provided|
|Dual automatic independent heaters||Provided (US patent 7,412,146)|
|User-selectable heater clamp operation||Provided|
|Onboard user training video||Provided|
|Automatic arc calibration||Automatically compensates for environmental condition changes|
|Display of remaining Splice & Heat cycles||Provided (Battery mode)|
|Remote interactive maintenance||Provided|
|DC output||DC12 V (for JR-6)|
|USB port||USB 2.0 (mini-B type)|
|Storage media||SD / SDHC memory card|
|AC input||100 ～ 240V, 50 / 60 Hz (ADC-1430)|
|DC input||10 ～15 V|
|Battery module||Li-ion 10.8 V, 6,400 mAh (BU-16)|
||5.0" touch screen color LCD display|
||128(W) x 154(D) x 130(H) mm (without anti-shock rubber)|
||1.9 kg (without battery), 2.2 kg (with battery)|
|Electrode life||3,000 arc discharges|
|Operating conditions||Altitude 0～6,000 m, Temperature -10～+50°C, Humidity 0～95% (non-condensing), Wind velocity up to 15 m/s|
|Storage conditions||Temperature -40～+80°C, Humidity 0～95% (non-condensing), Battery -20～+30°C (long term)|
|Dust resistance||Equivalent to IP5x (Operates normally after 8 hours in a dust chamber (containing dust of particle size 25 µm or below|
|Water resistance||Equivalent to IPx2 (Operates normally after being exposed to water dripping at 3mm/min. for at least 2.5 min on each of 4 surfaces tilted at 15°)|
|Shock resistance||Drop from 76cm on 5 faces (excluding top face)|