Maintenance skills of optical fiber fusion splicer
Optical fiber fusion splicer are frequently used in the construction and maintenance of optical cables in optical communication. Regular maintenance helps to improve splicing machine service life, keep it in good working condition and improve daily work efficiency.
Next, we will introduce the maintenance steps and skills of the fusion splicer in detail.
1. Parameter self-check
Parameter self-checking is very important during the use of the fusion splicer. Generally, the system is upgraded, the electrode rod is replaced, the fusion loss is large, the fusion splicer has not been used for a long time or the use environment has changed significantly (such as from low altitude to high altitude or from In the case of high temperature area to low temperature area, etc.), parameter self-checking is required. Proceed as follows:
1) Power on, enter menu->equipment maintenance->parameter self-check->confirm (menu button);
2) Follow the splicing machine prompts for follow-up operations until the prompt self-check is successful;
2. Discharge correction
Discharge correction is an important operation to maintain the stability of the machine. Generally, when the electrode rod is replaced, the welding loss is large, the welding machine has not been used for a long time or the use environment has changed significantly (such as from low altitude to high altitude or from high temperature to low temperature, etc.) In other cases, discharge correction is required. Proceed as follows:
1) Power on, enter menu->equipment maintenance->discharge calibration->clean electrode>confirm (menu button);
2) Place the treated fiber and close the windproof cover;
Press the start key. Follow the machine prompts for follow-up operations until it prompts that the calibration is successful, and the fiber may be cut and repositioned many times during the process;
3. Clean the electrode
The cleanliness of the electrode rod directly affects the welding loss, and the electrode rod should be cleaned regularly;
Proceed as follows:
1) Power on, enter menu;equipment maintenance;clean electrode;confirm (menu button);
2) Wait for the equipment to complete the electrode cleaning process;
4. fusion splicer's Battery maintenance
At present, optical fiber fusion splicers use lithium-ion batteries. Mainly pay attention to the following points in daily use:
1) Keep the battery charged, over-discharge of the battery (completely emptying the battery) is a kind of damage to the battery, especially when the battery is not used for a long time, it should be charged regularly;
2) Try to avoid working in a high temperature environment. If the battery is found to be overheated, it should be suspended to protect the battery and improve the battery life;
3) After the battery has been used for a period of time, if the life of the battery decreases, it can be fully discharged or fully charged, that is, the battery is fully discharged first, then fully charged, and repeated more than three times to activate the battery.